Ben is a trial lawyer who represents injured people in medical malpractice, wrongful death, and personal injury cases across Virginia. His practice is devoted entirely to litigating cases in state and federal courts. This has taken Ben from Wise to Fairfax and practically everywhere in between. He has handled a wide variety of cases including car crashes, trucking accidents, products liability and medical malpractice cases involving surgical errors, failure to diagnose cancer and medication errors. Ben represents people who have been injured or lost loved ones as a result of the careless actions of others. This has given him the opportunity to speak for those who are unable to speak for themselves. Ben has been included in the Virginia Lawyers Weekly list of “Virginia’s Largest Verdicts” twice, and since 2012 has been noted every year by Virginia Super Lawyers as a “Virginia Rising Star” in the practice of Personal Injury General: Plaintiff, placing him among the up-and-coming attorneys in the state.
In addition to representing plaintiffs in injury and death cases, Ben represents people in divorce matters throughout the Roanoke Valley. He helps guide people through the legal difficulties of a family falling apart and tries to bring certainty to uncertain times.
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, J.D. cum laude, 2008
- College of Charleston, B.A. magna cum laude, 2003
Bars and Court Admissions:
- Virginia Bar (includes all Virginia state courts)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- Member, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association; Member, VTLA Business Partner Committee (2017-Present) and VTLA Pro Bono Committee (2017-2019), VTLA Membership Committee (2018-Present), and Pro Bono Strategic Planning Committee (2018-2019)
- Member, Law Council, Washington & Lee University School of Law (2018-2022)
- Member, Ted Dalton Chapter, American Inns of Court (2017-Present)
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Virginia State Bar
- Member, The Virginia Bar Association
- Member, Roanoke Bar Association